Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a toast


(That's a tiny roma tomato for perspective.)

As many of you know, B and I joined a gym recently, and have been working our asses off in hopes meeting a specific July weight goal. To augment this regimen, and in B's case, because of diabetes, we've sworn off all delicious-tasting food, in favor of low-carb, low-taste things such as hay and spinach. One thing I am allowed is a piece of Oroweat Best toast, with Adam's peanut butter, and a banana sliced on top. This has become a favorite of mine because, let's face it, bananas are sweet, and this option far outweighs the horse food cereal or a Kashi waffle rock with a drizzle of wanna-be maple syrup.

We've been working out every chance we get, and even got in some good time last night, dashing into the club at the last minute. I went to bed hungry and was really looking forward to my pb & banana toast this morning. So, imagine if you will, the depth of my sadness to discover that the shriveled-up grandma heel of bread was the only piece left. After I toasted it, and it shrank to half its size, I spread a teaspoon of pb on it, and then sliced eight pieces of banana onto it, whereas a normal slice of toast holds an entire banana. I sat down to eat and found myself glaring at this meager meal, but ultimately, ate it in one bite and began the countdown to lunch, which I might add, will be early today.

8 comments:

gail said...

what a disappointment! but i am glad pb is part of your regimen. i LOVE it. i couldn't see the picture you posted....hope you have a great lunch!

gail said...

oops, just saw the pic when i went back. that was a small breakfast :(

BK said...

Good job sticking with it! snack on some veggies if you're starving! My lunch was gross. I ate three bites and gave the rest to the dog. Oh well. Going to have a handful of nuts and some tea and get on with my mad cleaning :)

mamakendra said...

Way to go gals! I have been to the gym the past two nights also, although only there 20 minutes last night- I still got a mile on the treadmill & my heart rate up. I am doing WW, but morning shakes from either Herbalife or Slim-fast (ick, dairy!). With much support for eachother, we will be stronger.

Chey- I go to the Keizer Courthouse, but can go to any of them and would love to try all of them sometime.

Cheyenne said...

hey, you can come work out with us at the devonshire club. (we only have privileges there because it's the closest to us and i am not impressed by the other clubs. the only advantage to having the premium membership is access to the rock climbing wall at the battlecreek club--and can you imagine me climbing some wall? i'd need arnold schwarzenegger as my belayer!

anyway, come join our grueling fun sometime. :)

Hennifer said...

great work on staying committed!

Sam said...

You're doing great! But I can appreciate how disappointing that toast would be.

I lost a few pounds, so to celebrate, I've completely dumped my diet. :( But keep posting about your successes and I'll have to jump back on the wagon!

GREAT JOB!!

Reilly said...

nice dieit