Friday, February 29, 2008

these things come in threes

I swear this is short. I'm just looking for a pat on the back.

My kids spent Wednesday night at my mom's, so I hung around B's house all day trying to will $2.51 into $20.00 so we could eat really bad delicious food. We wondered if there were any merchants who might accept magic beans from the garden, an I.O.U., or one of Addison's rock necklaces as currency, but ultimately were stuck with the classic Krap Macaroni & Cheese vs. Top Ramen debate.

Anyway anyway, I personally did nothing constructive the entire day. That is, until later when I picked up my kids. I whisked them home to get jackets, and got cajoled into allowing not only a bike, but some jumpy trampoline shoes of Quinn's. We headed to McKay track, where we met my mom for a mile-long walk just as it was turning from dusk to getting-mugged dark. After sprinting, speeding, and bounding around the track, we took my ma home and the kids and I went to the Courthouse gym, where I signed Brandy and myself up for a two year membership (yea!). Then I took my kids out to eat, and brought them home to say goodnight to their dad. Finally, we went back to my mom's to watch Lost, because hello, "My name is Cheyenne, and I am a Lostaholic." There we were treated to beef roast and (only a dollop I swear B!) of mashed potatoes, and an hour of Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick), who may have surpassed Sayid's lead for my unswerving devotion.

Anyway, not a shabby job of bringing up the caboose of a mostly unproductive day right?

3 comments:

gail said...

lostaholics unite!

BK said...

Don't forget that we actually did manage to procure some very bad food!

Anonymous said...

In spite of the clever "dusk to getting-mugged dark", it almost seems you had one of those rare simple, pleasant days we all yearn for. (yes I know it's a preposition, don't fence me in)

A day with pleasure that still, in the end, got us on (the) track. And that was fun too.

knight