Sunday, February 24, 2008

eating crow never tasted so good...

Suffice it to say, my grand departure didn't stick. Instead I just hurt people's feelings and made a jerk of myself. Around here we call that "the usual."

But on a brighter note, I was welcomed back (or, in some cases forced back at knife point) into open, loving arms, and I think that's worthy of a celebration. Of sorts.

I have discovered the most decadent treat on earth, and I'm indulging today in honor of A) my return to the grind, and B) the fact that I am 30 years old and can eat whatever I want. Officially I gave up sugar to support B, but she gave me her full blessing on this one.

Introducing the vanilla cupcake from Starbucks. Words can't describe it, other than to say, the frosting is as tall as the cake! I recommend this above all other desserts.

On second thought, they tend to be pretty scarce, so would you mind ordering the coffee cake instead? Thanks.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Ooooo.... yum. I would be in SO much trouble if I worked at SB!

gail said...

YUM! so glad you're back....

BK said...

It's beautiful. Simply beautiful. But it doesn't beat and espresso brownie barn in my view. Welcome back! Sorry about that knife.

Cheyenne said...

thank you guys for being so quick to forgive and forget.

can i just say the crumb in the picture is driving me NUTS?!

BK said...

I noticed it and was shocked that you didn't remove it!

Cheyenne said...

can you edit it out for me?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I see you're making up for lost time today... Still reading through your recent posts.