Wednesday, February 6, 2008

obama-nation


Strange bedfellows indeed. A lifelong nemesis, I never thought I'd get within an inch of math of my own volition. (Yes I know that an inch is a mathematical term.) But last night, with the pundits ready to coronate Hillary for taking California, math was all I had to keep me warm and hopeful that Obama could close the gap by morning. And what a worthwhile tryst it was! With those oh-so-baffling super delegates trickling in, our boy not only closed in, but he has pulled ahead! As I type, Obama has 910 delegates to Hillary's 882, and I am trembling with excitement.

Of course, math is no slave to sentiment, nor does it make promises. And don't forget that pledges aren't carved in stone.

But there is a surge of hope rising up in me the likes of which I've never felt. Hope that he can restore America's luster, and her shine. Hope that the majority will vote for change. And hope that math will make it a reality.

He has already shown that he has what it takes to lead us to victory.

California who?

3 comments:

BK said...

My fingers are crossed so hard I'm getting arthritis.

Heart Salve said...

After spending all day watching CNN yesterday I'm taking a break and saying Yes We Can over and over and over and over again.

Though it would've been great to have him crush her from the beginning, the fight is exciting, invigorating and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I'd cross my fingers but unfortunately I just nearly chopped one off.

I'm still hoping though!