Thursday, January 24, 2008

let there be light

The depth of my candor in last night's post has given me a case of the morning-afters, but I'm resisting the urge to delete it, hoping that all my squirming signifies some measure of personal growth. No pain no gain right?

The fact is, in spite of my misgivings, I'd have to say the process was at least 25% cathartic, if for no other reason than an obsessive mind such as my own loves to have messy things such as thoughts neatly compartmentalized into crisp white bins, or in this case, paragraphs.

Today things are markedly better, and I woke up ready to reclaim my life, even as I stepped over, and on, the sea of wayward kid bedroom overflow, toys displaced by the bunk beds. For the past week I've been cowering at the sight of this heap, but today I am ready to kick some ass.

I'm hopeful that with another coffee, (that's right, I'm back on coffee, I told you I live in the danger zone) and some Footloose, I can show this house who's boss.

8 comments:

gail said...

is this picture 'pre' cleaning? i think it looks organized already!

Cheyenne said...

thanks, but this is the entryway, between the laundry room and their room, lol. i am happy to report that reilly and i succeeded in getting every last migrant trinket back to its home in their room today, so mama is breathing much easier tonight! and i stayed in my jammies until five!

gail said...

good for you! i know how great it feels to get all the trinkets where they belong. and jammies rule!

Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BK said...

See, I told ya so :)

Anonymous said...

Another coffee? You just gave it up on the last post!

knightowl

Cheyenne said...

yes but today i have reclaimed my life, in the fast lane, which requires lots of caffeine, ulcer or no ulcer!