Friday, December 19, 2008

little miss jekyll and hyde

Recently, Reilly responded to a difficult situation by refusing to speak. Since this was as unexpected as the return of the Hale Bopp comet, I was a trifle concerned, and thus tried for an hour to coerce my chatterbox to talk to me. FYI: Anyone who enters a battle of wills with Reilly will lose. Period. A while later I encountered this note, and despite its eerie resemblance to a ransom note, I laughed my ass off.

Fast forward to today. Rei spent the day with my mom while I shopped, and when I picked her up, I was greeted by the sweetest snowman I've ever seen, which she made all by herself.

How can the same eight year old have written this note, and built this snowman?





Whence do these conflicting moods come?

The world may never know...

No comments: