Sunday, August 3, 2008

yardworking kids

While I am seldom struck with pangs of jealousy over the arrival of other people's newborns, I do frequently lament that my own children have grown up so quickly, and wish I could revisit those sweet baby and toddler years once in a while. Those were the days in which Mama's lap was the answer to virtually everything, while these are the days that find us debating endlessly whether to replace the faulty $200 XBox 360 Quinn got for his birthday. Somehow sitting in my lap hasn't erased this problem from his mind.

As they've become more sophisticated, so have their needs, which is why I found it heartwarming to walk out back and see them helping their dad, in the midday sun, practically singing "Zippity-Doo-Da." I can't help, in these moments, to opine that maybe, just maybe, we've done some things right...



2 comments:

Heart Salve said...

your kids are beautiful. it was so nice to see them in person :). you looked lovely BTW.

gail said...

what a sweet moment! they're just beautiful.